CLICK HERE for the Liver Tracker
#liver #liverdiet #liverrecipes #liversymptoms #livertreatment
See more of my recipes at
Here’s the full recipe:
-1 lb chicken livers
-2 onions, thinly sliced
-4 hard boiled eggs (peeled)
-Fat and extra skin from one or more whole chickens, cut into small dice (can use ghee or cooking oil instead)
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Minced parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
1) If using chicken fat, place it in a cold skillet on low heat. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring if it starts to stick together, until the liquid fat is rendered and the cracklings are crisp. Strain to separate the schmaltz and gribenes and set both aside.
2) Heat some of the chicken fat over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until sticky and thoroughly caramelized.
3) Saute the chicken livers over medium-high heat in a skillet in some of the chicken fat. Set aside to cool slightly.
4) Transfer the livers and eggs to a food processor bowl with lots of salt and pepper. Pulse until coarsely chopped but still spreadable, scraping down the sides as needed.
5) Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine the mixture with the onions as well as any remaining chicken fat. Taste and correct seasoning.
6) To serve, mound it on a plate and top with the gribenes (cracklings) and parsley. Serve with celery sticks or crackers for dipping.